Wireless Router not connecting to internet after being temporarily moved/unplugged
waterfallsunder

Hello all. First, I'd like to say I appreciate any suggesgions or replies. Also, I am not the most tech-savvy person so pardon me if I use very basic language to describe some things.

Anyway, I have Verizon TV and FiOS, and earlier this afternoon during some cleaning, my sister and I had to move a desk which the router was on. We temporarily unplugged/disconnected the wireless router for no more than maybe 90 minutes (maybe a little more) and set it aside.

A little while later we plugged it back in, but now the internet isn't connecting. My computer (Macbook Pro) says I am connected but then says I am out of range and can't connect. All the lights on the router are green other than the "Internet" one (globe picture), which isn't.

Any suggestions as to what to do? Could moving it/unplugging it temporarily have affected it? I checked the main Verizon box (sorry, don't know what it's called) and all lights are green aside from a flickering red/green of the MoCa one. If I can't find a solution I'll call Verizon tomorrow but I figurte if it's something I can solve it's not worth hassling them  over it.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Router not connecting to internet after being temporarily moved/unplugged
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Did you connect the coax cable back into the router? Or back into the wall? (whichever end you disconnected)

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Router not connecting to internet after being temporarily moved/unplugged
waterfallsunder

Yes, there was a cable which I unplugged from the router (said COAX by the input) which I did plug back in once I put the router back.

0 Likes
bigal69
Enthusiast - Level 3

stick the tip of a pen or a toothpick into the red hole in the back that says reset and see if that helps.

0 Likes
waterfallsunder

I tried that, and no change.

I noticed in the main Verizon box the MoCa light is blinking red, and instructions on the box say it means "MoCa Network Is Not Established"

Could this have something to do with it?

0 Likes