Man, do I feel lucky.
I have a Westell 9100EM from Verzion which I have turned off the wireless radio, since I already had a wireless network and didn't want to putz around too much. I have DCHP enabled on the Westell, but then I have one Buffalo (yes, I bought one right after they were unable to sell them in the US 🙂 WHR-G125 which is my main WAP. I have one of the LAN ports on the Buffalo connected to a LAN port on the Westell. I also had to disable the routing feature on the Buffalo.
Then I have that Buffalo connected to another Buffalo via the wireless bridging capabilites (WDS) which has my Blu-Ray player and my receiver connected to it.
No issues what so ever. I even have my office line phone (2.4 Ghz) about 18 inches from the Buffalo.
Hi fellow disconnect friends. Here is a link to a fairly complex thread trying to fix this problem. It's a little long but worth the read. In the end, it it still not solved, please reply with any further possible ideas or solutions. Happy reading.
The only thing that I changed on the D-Link was to turn DHCP off. I worked from home one day earlier this week and the connection did not drop all day. :)Seems like this solution works for me. However, that doesn't explain the problem with the Actiontec router.
I think I've tried that without success. But I've tried so many things that I've lost track, so I'm not sure.
In your so far successful (knock on wood) configuration, do you have the D-Link router in bridge mode? I'm not even sure what that means or how to do it, but it seems to be a recurring suggestion on this thread.
I have tried using WEP instead of WPA. It is definitely an improvement. I'd recommend anyone experiencing problems to try that.
But it is still not working as smoothly as expected.
I still experience drop-out, just not as frequently.
Been dealing with this for a while and have tried everything I could think of. Different encryptions, other routers for wireless (WRT54GS DD-WRT v24 std), set wireless channels, but nothing helped. Any computer that it wired will get 20.7 Mbps at speedtest.net but any wireless will get about 9. Originally I had thought Vista was the problem because if I were to go into the network and sharing center the connection was constantly identifying then it would connect and instantly find another network and start identifying again. Just looping. Could not see this activity on XP the the connection is just as bad. My Verizon router uses the MoCA but I know if you have the network port on the ONT enabled you can use a DD-WRT router as the primary router. http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Verizon_FIOS_setup_with_dd-wrt_as_primary_router This works with fios tv! May give this a try.