Wireless Signal Dropping - Round Two
spta97max
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after my debacle with tech support it looks like I cannot use my other account so I have to post with this one.  I found my previous thread on the wireless signal dropping intermittently but I cannot post to it.

Anyway, the problem continues with any laptop that I have (3 including my wife's).  Yesterday we noticed an intersting thing, she was watching a recorded show from one of the set top boxes and received the message of "Unable to locate network hub" at the SAME TIME that I had my wireless signal drop.  So it appears to impact more than wireless signals, it seems that the router is dropping off the network all together.  This does not appear to be a wireless problem at all.

Anyone have input?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Signal Dropping - Round Two
spta97max
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had called tech support due to a problem with one of my set top boxes and mentioned this wirless signal error.  The tech sent out a new router and since I have installed it I have not had the issue of signal drop!  Moreover, my laptops now connect to the network MUCH quicker than they did previously.

I'm not sure what the actual issue was but it seems to have been a problem with the router despite the fact that the router was working fine sans the signal dropping.

If you are having an issue with wireless signal dropping I sugguest you have the router swapped out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@spta97max wrote:

Well after my debacle with tech support it looks like I cannot use my other account so I have to post with this one.  I found my previous thread on the wireless signal dropping intermittently but I cannot post to it.

Anyway, the problem continues with any laptop that I have (3 including my wife's).  Yesterday we noticed an intersting thing, she was watching a recorded show from one of the set top boxes and received the message of "Unable to locate network hub" at the SAME TIME that I had my wireless signal drop.  So it appears to impact more than wireless signals, it seems that the router is dropping off the network all together.  This does not appear to be a wireless problem at all.

Anyone have input?

Interesting but I am sure it's a pain. There was some discussion regarding "Unable to locate network hub" when using a different STB to view a recorded show on the DVR. I suspected a network issue caused this, and never heard if it was resolved. Is your router only connected with COAX or is there ethernet to the WAN port? I am thinking perhaps it is a QOS issue with coax in the internet connection. Anyone else have ideas?
0 Likes
spta97max
Enthusiast - Level 2
I actually have both ethernet and coax connected.  This problem (intermittent wireless dropping) happened after the last update to the set top boxes.  I wonder if they are doing something to throw the router off line?
0 Likes
spta97max
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had called tech support due to a problem with one of my set top boxes and mentioned this wirless signal error.  The tech sent out a new router and since I have installed it I have not had the issue of signal drop!  Moreover, my laptops now connect to the network MUCH quicker than they did previously.

I'm not sure what the actual issue was but it seems to have been a problem with the router despite the fact that the router was working fine sans the signal dropping.

If you are having an issue with wireless signal dropping I sugguest you have the router swapped out.

0 Likes