Wireless bridge with FiOS-G1100 modem/router with EA6900 as wireless repeater?
sparkz1

Hello everyone and thank you for your time. As the subject states I am trying to setup the linksys as a wireless repeater/bridge, reason being, a certain individual in my household does not want wires going up/down the stairs and has blatantly threatened to cut all my cat6 cables. So in a effort to not anger both parties I am left to setup a wireless bridge/repeater and thus ask for your assitance in doing so. I thank you for your time and look forward to your help!

I have already attempted to setup the EA6900 in bridge mode, but not able to do so. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless bridge with FiOS-G1100 modem/router with EA6900 as wireless repeater?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Could hide the wires behind the walls

#2 and there are other types of wired types of networks besides CAT5, 5E, 6 ETC. To be more exact: Using existing phone lines, use existing power lines, using existing TV wires (called MOCA).

0 Likes
Re: Wireless bridge with FiOS-G1100 modem/router with EA6900 as wireless repeater?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most routers will not act as a wireless repeater.

All you can do is run it as a wireless bridge.
That will require you to run an ethernet to it.
Or as previous poster said, look for something like wireline ethernet extenders.

Third option is to find a wireless repeater.

Keep in mind that will have your normal wireless speed.