Switch Account

Wireless bridge with FiOS-G1100 modem/router with EA6900 as wireless repeater?

Wireless bridge with FiOS-G1100 modem/router with EA6900 as wireless repeater?

Highlighted
Contributor sparkz
Contributor

Hello everyone and thank you for your time. As the subject states I am trying to setup the linksys as a wireless repeater/bridge, reason being, a certain individual in my household does not want wires going up/down the stairs and has blatantly threatened to cut all my cat6 cables. So in a effort to not anger both parties I am left to setup a wireless bridge/repeater and thus ask for your assitance in doing so. I thank you for your time and look forward to your help!

I have already attempted to setup the EA6900 in bridge mode, but not able to do so. Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

#1 Could hide the wires behind the walls

#2 and there are other types of wired types of networks besides CAT5, 5E, 6 ETC. To be more exact: Using existing phone lines, use existing power lines, using existing TV wires (called MOCA).

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Most routers will not act as a wireless repeater.

All you can do is run it as a wireless bridge.
That will require you to run an ethernet to it.
Or as previous poster said, look for something like wireline ethernet extenders.

Third option is to find a wireless repeater.

Keep in mind that will have your normal wireless speed.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.