Wireless connection drops sometimes several times a day
kevinnoland1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some mornings when I wake up and check my phone I am connected to the Wifi but it won't let me access the internet.  When this happens I turn off the wifi on my phone and then turn it back on and sometimes it works.  Other times it doesn't and I have to go to the router turn it off and then turn it back on and wait to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work I have to go down to my garage and unplug the box and the battery and wait ten seconds and then plug it back it.  Some nights I get multiple disconnects and then it reconnects on its own after a minute or two and other time I have to go a reset either the router or the box in the garage. Its very frustrating as I play online games at night and I get disconnects in the middle of games which causes my team and friend's team to lose the match. 

I have an Actiontec MI424WR wireless router which was given to me by Verizon.  Due to an error by a Verizon store they shut off both my internet and cable when I just wanted to get rid of cable so they had to set me up with a totally new account.  They didn't give me any new equipment.  I've called Verizon and their solution is that they want me to rent a new router for $10 a month. I just want them to figure out the issue with the router they provided me. We've pretty much been having this same issue with Fios for years now and they were never able to figure out what the issue is because it has to be happening at the time of the call in order to figure it out.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection drops sometimes several times a day
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have to ultimately reboot the box in the garage (ONT) that is most likely the problem I would try to schedule a tech visit to have it replaced. 

0 Likes