Wireless contection working but connection on main computer not working
mrsjolivas
I was using my main computer last night and walked away from it for about 15 minutes.  When I came back it said there wasn't a connection to the internet and couldn't find one.  I restarted the router and computer but it did not help.  The connection does however work on my internet.  Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Wireless contection working but connection on main computer not working
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try using Vz In Home agent. You can download and install from http://www.verizon.com/connect

Once you start the tool, click on Internet, then Quick Fixes and the "Fix my FiOS Internet Connection". It seems more like a PC issue.

0 Likes
mrsjolivas
Right now I can't download anything from the internet since my connection isn't working.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mrsjolivas wrote:
Right now I can't download anything from the internet since my connection isn't working.

You said wireless is working, right? Use that, if it is on a different computer download it there, put it on a flash drive, install on the one that won't communicate. But first...

Lets go back to basics.

On the "main" (wired?) computer, can you communicate from the PC to the router? Open your browser, type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter.

Do you see the router login screen? If so, you are talking to the router, and the problem is inside the router or beyond it (which is unlikely since you said the wireless works).

No? Then you aren't even talking to the router, try a Network Connection repair on the PC and see if that fixes it. And check to make sure the ethernet cable between your computer and the router is still correctly plugged in, and try moving it to a different port on the router.

Hope this helps. If not, please tell us more about your entire configuration (PCs, other things like TV STBs, brand of router, any customization you may have done on the router, etc). It is hard for anyone to help in an information vacuum.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes