Wireless devices and wired devices can't talk to each other
ukimokia

I am unable to ping any device on the wifi from my wired desktop computer. In my router settings it says that Network connection type on all my devices (wired or wireless) is Bridge. They all have a 192.168.1.X address and the same subnet mask. I've tried resetting the router a few times to factory settings and messing with different settings on the router to no avail. 

When I try to ping other devices on the network I simply get a "General failure" error. Weirdly when I'm in the fios router settings I can't ping my wired computer, but my wired computer can ping the router. It says it's connected, but simply can't "test connection". 

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm simply at a loss at what could be wrong and I've been attempting to fix this for weeks. My router is the G1100.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless devices and wired devices can't talk to each other
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

General Error from Windows command line ping utility is indicative of a host-based firewall blockage. Do you have antivirus turned on your computer or did you recently change your computer's firewall settings?

Can you go to Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security, and screenshot the main page for us?

You should be seeing something like this. image

You might need to add an exception rule to the Private network profile, but for now, check your computer's antivirus software and the built-in firewall.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless devices and wired devices can't talk to each other
ukimokia

Here is the screenshot. I messed around for a min with turning the firewall on/off and allowing/blocking inbound/outbound connections and still couldn't ping the router.

0 Likes