Wireless speed slower in one part of the house

Wireless speed slower in one part of the house

Highlighted
Contributor kaplan71
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(586 Views)

Hello --

I have set up another computer in a different location of my house. The location is on the opposite end from the router. I have noticed the Interent connection speed is much slower at this location. I suspect the wireless signal from the router to the computer loses some of its strength.

Is there an access point, ap, or other device that I can use to boost the signal? If not, what are my other option(s)? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(566 Views)

@kaplan71 wrote:

Hello --

I have set up another computer in a different location of my house. The location is on the opposite end from the router. I have noticed the Interent connection speed is much slower at this location. I suspect the wireless signal from the router to the computer loses some of its strength.

Is there an access point, ap, or other device that I can use to boost the signal? If not, what are my other option(s)? Thanks.

You can get a network extender or extenders, you can get a mesh system (very expensive) you can purchase your own router and make sure it has external antennas and beam forming and ac/a/b/g/n bands, triband etc.(can run $200-$400)

if you are renting now you will save $10-$13 per month which will help with your new purchase.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(564 Views)

Netgear has plenty of wifi extenders. They also have Orbi but that is a little on the expensive side.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(561 Views)

@Edg1 wrote:

Netgear has plenty of wifi extenders. They also have Orbi but that is a little on the expensive side.

Yep I use Netgear everything no matter what it costs. 😀

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.