Without Service 3 Days and No Solution Yet
WhatARipOff
I had Phone, Internet and TV services installed at the end of Jan 2015. The light line was run across my alley way to my home and the technician assured me they would be back to bury the line sometime in the 5 days to follow because the line would not last long in the alley, exposed. Well I honestly didn't put it on my calendar to follow up and make sure they did their job because I have plenty of other things going on. It is now March and Monday morning of this week, I noticed my Internet was down as I was attempting to conduct business from home. At that time I also check my phone and TV and discovered they were also not working, because I had business to take care of I left my home for the office and as I pulled out of my garage and into the alley way I see the light line that connects power to my services was laying in the alley, in two pieces. On the way to the office, I called them to report it and was told they couldn't get someone out to my home until the next day. I told the "customer service agent" that I conduct business from home and that I could not go without Internet and a home phone line and asked him to escalate my request, at which time I was told that Verizon has a POLICY that only emergency requests could be escalated and that I would just have to wait. I stayed on the line with that rep the entire way to work asking for a Supervisor to escalate my issue. I finally got a Supervisor on the line who told me the same thing basically due to POLICY my problem was not eligible to be escalated and that there was nobody else to talk to. As I was needing to get on a conference call, I asked him to please get someone out to my home to fix my line and to please call back to let me know when they would be able to fix it. I never have heard from anyone and my line is still laying in two pieces in my alley way. I have NO INTERNET, NO HOME PHONE, AND NO TV SERVICE and it has been 3 DAYS since I reported the problem. I am currently on hold for customer service as I type this and my phone shows I have been holding now for 1 HOUR AND 18 MINUTES the hold message says "all associates are assisting other customers, stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order it was received". I tried to use the Live Chat feature on the website and it is "unavailable". So there is still no solution in sight and I am not able to get an associate on the line to find out what is going on. Meanwhile my $183 bill was drafted from my account on time. WHAT A RIPOFF!!!
0 Likes
Re: Without Service 3 Days and No Solution Yet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi WhatARipOff,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes