Worst Customer Service Ever
Hexadad

I've been having terrible internet speed for about 10 weeks. The first call I made to tech support at Verion, the gentleman spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me and we tried a dozen things. He determined that the problem was the Verizon router. He said they'd sent a new one out and I should return the faulty one.

Two weeks later,  no router so I call again. The new tech support person says there is no record of the previous call and that Verizon doesn't guarantee wireless reception and tells me to do all the regular stuff, like turn the router off for several minutes then plug it back in. I explain that the first guy establised that the router was the issue. She said that often stuff in the walls gets in the way, like plumbing. I explained that we hadn't move the router or the computers in the last year, and the problem began recently, which she totally ignored and told me the best frequency is 11, so che changed the frequency to 11.

Problems continue, so I call again. This lady repeats the 'we can't guarantee wireless speed' and tells me that the best frequency is 1, so she changed it to frequency 1... So, which is really the best frequency, 1 or 11? D'OH! I also explained that the router had been determined to be the cause. She tole me that stuff in the walls can interfer, like plumbing (sound like the same playbook to you?). I explained that nothing has moved (router or computers) in over a year and the problem is more recent, which she ignored. Turn the router off and on...

Problems continue, so I called again. This guy repeats the 'we can't guarantee wireless speed' mantra, undoubtedly from a lotus position in his office. At this point I'm not hearing 'we can't guarantee wireless speed', I'm hearing 'we don't give a crap about your problem.' I asked to speak to a supervisor, which was deflected into the normal 'turn your router off and on, and the things in the wall...', etc.

Dear Verizon - whether or not you give a crap about 'my problem', I do! And I'm reasonably confident that some other service provider will happily provide better service to my money. After I've changed services, I will reduce this router to a fine powder with a baseball bat and return it to you a momento of appreciation for your... ahem 'excellent customer service', from a former customer of 10+ years.

The problem continued, with extreme prejudice tonight. Your speed test said the upload and download speeds were pretty good, but even during the test, the red dot was hopping back and forth on the bar, indicating something was very wrong with the stream of data.

Since Verizon is obviously not interested in salvaging my business, I'll be calling Time/Warner in the morning. Goodnight.

0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service Ever
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service Ever
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hexadad

Since you have no longer responded to this case we believe your case has been resolved and we're going to close this. If you have any other questions feel free to post in forums again.

-Robert

0 Likes