Fios Service - Long wait time to get it fixed
Sivashan

With Covid situation, People are working from home and the crucial part is internet. I am using Verizon for 4-5 years and finally decide to move to Comcast. Recent Days I have been experiencing frequent internet issues and have to wait for hours to get any technical support . Two weeks back they identified the Verizon terminal is having issue and they replaced it. Since they replaced it, I have been experiencing internet going down and end up in waiting for hours before I got hold on any technical expert. Today they told again stating the issue is with the box and they need to send a technician. However they don't have technician available immediately and I have to wait till Monday (Actual issue reported  on Thursday afternoon). I already lost 3-4 days of my pay as my internet is down and  not able to work. I am seeing many of them have this issue and Verizon notable  to provide service on time. Its the time to move to comcast else you will not get service on time if you have outage even if its Verizon terminal fault.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Service - Long wait time to get it fixed
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking with other users here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you'll need to call or chat with them.

As far as I know, there are no residential internet providers that guarantee problem resolution with hours or even a day.  I've heard similar reports from non-Verizon ISPs, too.  If people are depending on internet for income, I suggest they do one or all of the following:

• Subscribe to a business service with an SLA for problem resolution
  • Subscribe to two different ISPs for redudancy
  • Subscribe to a wireless carrier's data service for emergency backup
  • Identify an alternate location that can be used (library, short-term office rental, friendly neighbor, ...)

This is called Disaster Recovery planning and is a significant part of any good business' operational plans.  There is no reason why people working from home shouldn't plan like this as well.

View solution in original post

Re: Fios Service - Long wait time to get it fixed
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking with other users here.  If you want to reach Verizon, you'll need to call or chat with them.

As far as I know, there are no residential internet providers that guarantee problem resolution with hours or even a day.  I've heard similar reports from non-Verizon ISPs, too.  If people are depending on internet for income, I suggest they do one or all of the following:

• Subscribe to a business service with an SLA for problem resolution
  • Subscribe to two different ISPs for redudancy
  • Subscribe to a wireless carrier's data service for emergency backup
  • Identify an alternate location that can be used (library, short-term office rental, friendly neighbor, ...)

This is called Disaster Recovery planning and is a significant part of any good business' operational plans.  There is no reason why people working from home shouldn't plan like this as well.