Worst overall company experience I've ever had, and now being cheated
jmpeck

Here in Brooklyn, I signed up for Verizon Fios because it seemed to be the best deal. The installation guy came and said he needed special access to the back fence (of the downstairs neighbor's backyard), and so he'd reschedule for the next day.

I then received three emails telling me they'd be there the next day at 11am. 

Nobody ever showed up, and when I called them they told me there was no appointment actually made, despite my having receivd the appointment email. Then they told me they could actually come in eleven days, the interim of which I'd be without internet. Of course I said no, and so they told me to bring the router back, and I did. (I have the Customer Equipment Receipt right here in front of me.)

So - in short, I never had any internet installed with Verizon, and I brought the router back to the store, and received a receipt for doing so.

A month later, I received a bill for $253.30, for my first month of Verizon Fios, and for the router. I called and they told me I would not be charged, and my next bill would be for $0.00. 

A month later, my bank account was suddenly deducted $253.30. I called Customer Support immediately and the man, Christian {edited for privacy} told me I would be refunded within 24 hours, and he would call me back at 9pm the next day. 

Now here I am at 9:30pm the next day, and it seems I have been cheated by Verizon again. I've been on hold with customer support for the past ten minutes, listening to the horrible music. The charge for $253.30 is still on my card. I am not rich. This is significant to me. 

Edit: I spoke to "Gerome" in the Philippines and he told me the refund would take 24-30 hours. So far it has been 34 hours and nothing has happened. I don't trust Verizon to resolve this at all, of course.

Help me resolve this as soon as possible.

The worst experience with any company I've ever had in my life.

0 Likes
Re: Worst overall company experience I've ever had, and now being cheated
jonjones1
Legend

http://www3.dps.ny.gov/W/PSCWeb.nsf/All/5EFBF7F3F195F44985257687006F3954?OpenDocument

Use the link above and file an online complaint. Or call for faster service. They normally get Verizon to call you in about a day or two.

secondally why would you allow Verizon to paperless bill you. Very foolish.

however contact your bank and they will put the money back into your account while they investigate. Normally a few forms to fill out. Always best to use a credit card where a chargeback takes a phone call. Then fill out the forms.

Calling the public service commission is the best course of action.

0 Likes
jmpeck

Very foolish to assume a company wouldn't try to cheat me? I think it's fine to assume someone/something will act with a bit of dignity until they prove otherwise.

Anyway, thank you. I am on the phone with my bank - a credit union - and they are helping me to dispute the charge.

I've spoken with Verizon so many times and been assured so many times that it's all fine that I see no point in further communication with them. Shameless cheaters of trusting people.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jmpeck wrote:

Very foolish to assume a company wouldn't try to cheat me? I think it's fine to assume someone/something will act with a bit of dignity until they prove otherwise.

Anyway, thank you. I am on the phone with my bank - a credit union - and they are helping me to dispute the charge.

I've spoken with Verizon so many times and been assured so many times that it's all fine that I see no point in further communication with them. Shameless cheaters of trusting people.

Ha ha yeah very foolish a mega billion dollar corporation would cheat you 😀

getting the money back is your priority and you are doing that.

like I said you can use the public service commission since you are residing in NY state.

Hope it all works out.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmpeck,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes