Would like to upgrade to 100/100 from 75/75 WITHOUT buying Quantum router
Emil_Tee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have the old Actiontec router with 75/75 plan. Would like to upgrade to 100/100 without getting new Quantum router. I have 3 airport extremes behind the Actiontec router and don't really  need the Quantum router. The upgrade in speed to 100/100 is supposed to be $5/mo more only but can't get it without being forced to get the quantum router-- additional 10 bucks more per month.

Anybody been able to just get the upgrade in speed without the Quantum router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Would like to upgrade to 100/100 from 75/75 WITHOUT buying Quantum router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you own the actiontec (ie aren't being charged a monthly fee for it), then you can use whatever you want.

You are not required to use a FIOS router.

Customer service will tell you need it as Verizon will not help troubleshoot if you don't use a Verizon provided router.

If they force you to take it, then do so. Upgrade and then immediately return it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you own the actiontec (ie aren't being charged a monthly fee for it), then you can use whatever you want.

You are not required to use a FIOS router.

Customer service will tell you need it as Verizon will not help troubleshoot if you don't use a Verizon provided router.

If they force you to take it, then do so. Upgrade and then immediately return it.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the ActionTec MI424WR Rev. I, that will work for Gigabit. Any other model and you'll want to upgrade it to another router OR the Quantum Gateway Verizon sells.

You can buy a used G1100 on eBay for less than the retail price of Verizon. Just make sure you get a Verizon branded one, and not one with Frontier firmware.

0 Likes