Charges for Tech Visit
MNAWAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing great.

I am writing this email to raise a concern about the wrong charges posted on my new Verizon FIos account for technician visit, a visit for which I was never told that I would be charged for.

Below is my story:

I have moved from Charlotte, NC to Westbury, NY in April and heard good about Fios so I decided to give it a shot. I called up Verizon Service advisor to get my service started from 26th April 2018.

I was told, that since I would be bringing my own device, I would not need device rentals. I said yes, and he said it would be self install you just go and hook up the WAN cable on your router and you are good to go.

I had raised this on 12th April 2018 so that every goes smooth and I have my services on 26th evening when I go home.

when I came in my apartment on 26th "Evening" around 6:30 pm (End of the day), I see my internet was not working, so I called and they tried the online activation stuff, it did not work. He asked me to call the customer service and ask them to troubleshoot. I called and someone helped me that day.

He said he cannot get it fixed the same day as it was more than 7:00 pm and he can try to get someone next day. He also did some tests by checking in the lights of the box in my closet, and he confirmed that the service has not been started.

So he told me that he can temporarily activate the service but I will have to hook my router to the box in the closet and he said since the service was not activated a Technician would have to fix this. He raised the service request and get the router hooked up temporarily.

Now, next day the technician comes in and I told him the story. The technician came around 6:30 pm and tried to fix it. Ideally the service should be activated since day 1 as it was supposed to be and and it should be Verizon's responsibility to get this activate before the due date. Technician said he will try to fix it. he spent some time in getting through the stuff and fixed it somehow in few hours.

Next day I received an email that I would be charges appx. $50 for the visit which I was not told at all. I called the customer care again and the guy said since the bill has not been generated adjustment cannot be made but the Customer service rep would put up a note for future reference and I can call again after the bill has been generated.

Now, I talked over the Chat  on June 6th, for this and he had raised the ticket with the SLA of 72 hours to get the Credit of $64.

I was at ease when I received this information but after a few days I again saw this charge with a late penalty charge of $5 added. I had reached out to the Customer service again on July 3rd  who told me that the ticket is still in progress and it would be completed on July 6th 3.14 pm and I will get a credit for that.

I was waiting for this and I had reached out to the customer service rep on July 12th to check on the status, I found that the ticket after a month has just been discarded and I was told that I cannot get the credit.

Who can help me out with this story and get this resolved? are you the right person to help me out or could you please help me with reaching out the correct person?

I appreciate you reading through the story and I hope to get this resolved.

Thanks

Re: Wrong Charges for Tech Visit
jonjones1
Legend

Too long to quote. You are in New York State now?

http://www.dps.ny.gov

they have a toll free number and a online complaint form. I would call it’s faster.

they regulate Verizon in NY so they may be able to get you to executive escalations so have a phone nearby to answer when Verizon calls you.

if it’s not settled you can then have this state agency start proceedings against Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Charges for Tech Visit
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi MNAWAL,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes