Wrongly Billed
Tahiti1

Dear All,

On Oct 17, 2014 I was charged $180 for - "24 Month Bundle Early Termination Fee" by Verizon. I have had Verizon "TV, Internet & Phone Bundle" for more than 6 years and I have made no changes to my services in years. Thus, I was not bound by any service contract liable of early termination fees with Verizon for a long while now [years]. So, in Oct 2014, when I discovered that my online account status showed an outstanding binding service contract - I called Verizon customer service. Verizon Customer Service personnel were unhelpful, and they wasted a lot of my time and I had to make multiple phone calls, until one customer service lady assured me that it was a mistake, that there should be no binding contract in place, and that they (Verizon) would remove the contract and that there would be no termination fees charged to me. However, in Oct 2014 my auto pay setup cleared US$387.18 and I realized that I have been changed the US$180 early termination fees! Till date I have made no changes to my services. I have not canceled or made any changes to my Verizon services, still I have been charged a "24 Month Bundle Early Termination Fee" for no reason. To sort this I made several follow-up calls to Verizon Customer Services, with no effect. I have decided to furnish all details to consumer forum with my complaints and also seek legal help.

The bottom line is that, Verizon created a phantom contract and then removed it and charged me for that - this is simply not acceptable!

Tahiti Roy 

0 Likes
Re: Wrongly Billed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tahiti,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes