Xbox 360 FiOS App issue
robrirk

For the past couple of days the app has been stuck at the loading channels screen.  Microsoft says its an issue on Verizon's end.  Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Xbox 360 FiOS App issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have not had that issue, but, it makes me wonder - are you wireless.

0 Likes
robrirk

Yes i'm currently wireless.  All of my other apps work well.  I get a HD connection with both Netflix and HBOGo.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have had similiar problems where certain apps work and others perform poorly, especially on wireless.  if you want a real test then hardwire your device, if you can't do that, then you should just change the channels and experiment.  

channels 1, 6 and 11 are all you should use. 

open a browser on any connected pc, and go to http://192.168.1.1

username is admin

password is the serial number found on your router

once you're in you click on change wireless settings in the first column and it takes you right to the channels. if you click on wireless at the top instead then you have to make one more selection which is basic security settings, and then you are at the channels. 

change it to 1, and hit the checkmark for keep setting after router reboot. 

save

test it. 

the change would be immediate.  if you don't notice a difference or it's worse, then change it to 6, and test. and then finally to 11 and test.  

I think you will find one will perform better than the other.   

if it doesn't then come back and let us know.  

0 Likes
Kensey1

I have the exact same problem, freezing on "Loading Channels", though my connection is wired, not wireless.

0 Likes
Aaront333

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a fix?

0 Likes