Re: Xbox One - Not Connecting for Multi-player games
JPDUBL07

Any other suggestions??

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the DMZ does not work, then this issue is kind of unsolvable.

Can you make sure you have the correct IP for the X-Box? I would plug an ethernet cable and disable its WiFi completely. Sometimes, when G1100 reboots, it reassigns all DHCP clients to different IP addresses without promptly updating the NetBios name entry.

jeffwkbos

This problem seems to extend to Xbox on PC.  Just bought a new Asus ROG laptop and hoped to explore gaming but I am unable to connect through Fios.  I guess since I see no Verizon response here and there doesn't seem there is a solution I have only two options:  1) buy my own router and MoCa for TV  (not sure this will work) or 2) leave Fios for another provider.  

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide more information? What error messages are you seeing on XBox? What error entries are you seeing in router's Firewall logs?

Without more information, we can hardly troubleshoot the problem.

Do you know what ports are required to be forwarded to the WAN side? If not, could you find out with the developers of the games?

SilverS1

Placing the Xbox into the DMZ doesn't work. Xbox error messages are related to security issues with the profile and seem to occur at the WAN gateway, which seems to do an alias login (on port 3074) as seen in the Microsoft security pages. Router's Firewall security logs are virtually unreadable and can't really see what device they are associated with - also, I've not seen a correlation in log times and actual times of disconnection. Furthermore, I can't find logs from when everything was functioning correctly to compare them to. It also seems that if you are in the DMZ, it wouldn't make any sense that the Security Logs for the home router would have anything; if they did, you really aren't in the DMZ and that needs to be fixed by Verizon.

As for forwarding ports (which you don't use in a DMZ setup): Xbox has ports as previously stated (53, 80, 88, 1863 [Kinect only, I think], 3074, 16000 [Chat], 500, 3544,4500, 3075, 3076). There are also ports for individual games, see:  https://portforward.com/ports/a/

But, it seems the issue is at the WAN Gateway Router and not at the Home Fios Quantum Router because putting the console into the DMZ should negate any of the "what ports do you need" and "can you find out from the developers" questions.

Why is the WAN Router not supporting a LAN DMZ setup, which is supposed to put the console in direct contact with the internet.

If the Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 cannot handle gaming consoles, I need to know which ISP does. A 1 GB connection is worthless if you can't play the game.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SilverS wrote:

Why is the WAN Router not supporting a LAN DMZ setup, which is supposed to put the console in direct contact with the internet.

If the Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 cannot handle gaming consoles, I need to know which ISP does. A 1 GB connection is worthless if you can't play the game.

#1 While we get that you hav FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV One?

#2 Before you tried to use the DMZ:

a) You set the Xbox one to use a Static IP?

b) You turned off UPnP in the NAT router?

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SilverS wrote:

If the Fios Quantum Gateway G1100 cannot handle gaming consoles, I need to know which ISP does. 

Ok. If G1100 cannot play nicely with multiplayer gaming consoles (which have yet to confirm), you can try a different router (G3100, CR1000A, or a third-part router of your choice). ISP by its name only provides an Internet connection, so you can use whatever router you want. NAT is a function on the router, not an intrinsic part of delivering the Internet connection to you (at least VZ does not use Carrier-Grade NAT because of abundance of IPv4 addresses).

If you dislike VZ routers and find off-the-shelf consumer routers don't satisfy your need, you can build a router yourself with two network interface cards and configure nftables for highly customizable NAT.