Re: You can bridge the Fios Quantum Gateway Router
anjo2731

I was able to get this working with all the settings documented, except for mac cloning.  I had to leave the FiOS network offline overnight to timeout the DHCP reservation / mac entry on Verizon side, then remove all mac cloning on my firewall (pfsense cloning quantum gw mac) and quantum gw (cloning pfsense interface mac).  I tried mac cloning multiple times after having properly released IP from quantum gw prior to any config change, but was never able to reacquire an IP on pfsense behind quantum gw with any combination of cloning settings.

0 Likes
raidensix

I tried this and it works (sort of). My router (Ubuiquiti USG) is able to get the public IP address and internet works. The problem is as soon as I plug in the cable from the router lan port to the Quantum Gateway lan port, internet stops working and the set top boxes still have no guide access.

0 Likes
ExtremeSkiBum

Were you able to get this this to work? I have the similar setup, UniFi USG with Quantum Gateway. Here is how my equipment is setup:

ONT cat 6 to USG WAN port

USG ethernet port to NetGear switch

NetGear switch to Quantum Gateway's WAN port.

My STB was able to receive the channel guide but I can't the VOD to work yet.  I just set this up last night, I'll be working on this again later tonight afterwork.

0 Likes
Mister914
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get VOD to play because I am stuck at this as well and can not get to play back on my STBs..

0 Likes
ernestr

I was able to get VOD to work without MAC Cloning. Here is what I did from a stock setup with Ethernet (CAT 5e) from the ONT providing 150 Mbps speed to the Quantum Gateway, and COAX connected to the Quantum Gateway for the STBs. 

I used the quantum gateway's web interface to release the WAN DHCP lease and immediately disconnected the ethernet cable. I then connected the ethernet to a port on my home firewall that is configured to recieve a public IP via DHCP. I waited a few minutes and then checked to see if the ONT gave me an IP. It did. You should be able to replicate this with any Wireless AP.

I then connected a switch to the LAN port of my firewall, enabled the firewall's internal (LAN) DHCP server, and connected the Quantum Gateway's WAN port to the switch.

After this, I connected my laptop to one of the Quantum Gateway's LAN ports and was able to browse to the internet. I then navigated to the Administrative Web Interface, and confirmed that it could still communicte with the STBs. FInally, I disabled the Quantum Gateway's wireless. VOD plays on the STB's fine.

0 Likes
Pingdom17

Worked like a charm, thanks so much for posting this! 

0 Likes
Cmotaval

Thanks everyone..I fillowed the guides here and have the g1100 bridged.  Remote dvr was a nice surprise to see working. WHen I logged back into the q1100 I can see most of my netgears lan devices.  Are they supposed to show up there?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes