You can have BIG TROUBLE with FIOS (half phone line only)
ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello world,

I got the FIOS mid-September,

and this week it will be one month since my phone line broke for a lot of people (they can't call me anymore),

and Verizon can't do anything to correct their misconfiguration.

So, I am alone, with half of a phone line and with an operator (Verizon) who is doing nothing.

My situation: people from Cox Communication (a famous but local operator in my state) are impossible to call me (when they try they receive the information my number doesn't exist) because I asked to Verizon to keep my number and to move it from Cox to Verizon FIOS (so, I wanted to keep my number, very simple, but impossible for Verizon).

For 4 weeks, I am trying to explain this simple situation but their answer is "all is fine from Verizon".

Does anyone have an idea to solve this stupid situation?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: You can have BIG TROUBLE with FIOS (half phone line only)
tomh44
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call Cox to tell them to cancel your service and switch the number.  I had same problem with another local service.

ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you tomh44 !

I tried already but it was worth than with Verizon representatives... I was no more a Cox client, so nobody...

But I can try it again.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@ron92 wrote:

Hello world,

I got the FIOS mid-September,

and this week it will be one month since my phone line broke for a lot of people (they can't call me anymore),

and Verizon can't do anything to correct their misconfiguration.

So, I am alone, with half of a phone line and with an operator (Verizon) who is doing nothing.

My situation: people from Cox Communication (a famous but local operator in my state) are impossible to call me (when they try they receive the information my number doesn't exist) because I asked to Verizon to keep my number and to move it from Cox to Verizon FIOS (so, I wanted to keep my number, very simple, but impossible for Verizon).

For 4 weeks, I am trying to explain this simple situation but their answer is "all is fine from Verizon".

Does anyone have an idea to solve this stupid situation?

Thanks

ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with Verizon reprensentatives for 3 hours already and they can't do anything!

0 Likes
ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discussed today (chat) with Adrian, Oscar and Dixie (currently).

I don't remember the other one (the weeks before).

I have no solution currently.

0 Likes
ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much to ALBERT from Verizon.

He is trying to solve my issue (resetting something into my account).

--

ron92

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Understand that if this is impacting incoming calls from people uing your old "phone" company but not calls coming from other service providers (i.e. non-Verizon but not Cox customers either), then the problem is on Cox's end.

Cox never deallocated your number properly when you ported it over to the Verizon -- so they still have it defined in their tables as belonging to them and when people try to call it from on the Cox network, it goes to a disconnected number deadend.

If this is the situation you have, then you must call Cox and tell them that you "ported your number out to a new provider" and ask that they "release and deallocate" the number from their system as they no longer own it so that calls from customers on their network witll terminate properly.   It will take some persistence and you'll probably need to get past the first level tech support person and make sure you get someone who understands the phone network definition process to get them to fix it.

If you can't receive calls from anyone -- except other Verizon customers -- then it's a Verizon problem in that they haven't properly completed the port of the number from your old provider -- who is probably still holding the number in an inactive state.  If this is the scenario, then Verizon is the one who has to fix this.

ron921
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks a lot Lasagna for your detailed explanation.

Your first assumption is the correct one: only the people from my old operator (Cox) have trouble to call me.

It is perfectly described in your email.

Thank you also for your good advices. You are right it is very difficult to explain to the first level of technicians: yesterday I never succeeded in having a manager from Verizon, but I explained to Adrian, then Oscar, then Dixie, then Roishawn and Albert my problem for more than 3 hours.

Three weeks ago, I already called my previous operator (Cox) and they never wanted to hear me (probably because I was no more a client).

I am waiting now for a resolution from Verizon. If they fail, I will call Cox again, with the good wording you gave me.

Thanks again,

--

Ron

0 Likes