Re: YouTube Issues
ShaunNeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue with Google Play and Its driving me nuts.

0 Likes
EFFeX
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is now Day 4 and I have no YouTube. This is completely unacceptable.

0 Likes
IndiaBradster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until Verizon pays to address the problem on their end.  You can use a Internet Proxy that supports Youtube.  That's how I watch them until comcast gets here.

0 Likes
danart1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here... Horrible connection if any to youtube and Google play

0 Likes
unix-kid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally. Performance has been superb lately. 30+ mbps to Youtube, though I noticed my IP changed and is showing the hostname from Boston, MA instead of PVD. 

So whatever they did, it worked. 

0 Likes
digitaldarknes5
Contributor - Level 1

I have also noticed that changing my public IP address causes this problem to come and go. If my gateway is 96.254.61.1 I have no problems with youtube... Today, i just switched my public IP and it grabbed a gateway of 71.100.96.1 and about 70% of the videos I click will not load at any resolution. However, some videos will load perfectly with about 60mbps (in the stats for nerds screen within the youtube player). Why are different IP addresses (with no physical location change) causing getting different connectoins to youtube? Get your stuff together, Verizon. There is a huge thread on YouTube's community help forum filled with Verizon FiOS customers complaining that they can't use YouTube.. Stop passing blame and FIX IT. You advertise on TV that FiOS is the end of "internet bottle necks"... WRONG!

0 Likes
digitaldarknes5
Contributor - Level 1

I just now changed my external IP again and I now am using gateway 173.65.22.1 and the same videos that would not load up at all 20 minutes ago on my last IP (gateway was 71.100.96.1) are now loading with no problems.... You guys need to figure out why this is happening and roll out the same routes/network config to ALL Verizon customer's/IPs/Gateways... This is causing some users to have a bad experience and other users not to. Can someone who works for Verizon please create an NT ticket and place the URL to this thread in the notes? I just want to know that Verizon is aware of this, so if you could please private message me with the ticket number. If you need an account in order to open a ticket, I will be happy to provide you (a verizon employee) with my account information.

Here is a link to a video that would not load on the 71.x.x gateway, but loads just fine on the 173.x.x gateway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L2vJEb6lVE

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi digitaldarknes5,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
digitaldarknes5
Contributor - Level 1

In the past, I've had tickets opened by employees on these forums.

0 Likes
digitaldarknes5
Contributor - Level 1

Also, calling into FiOS tech support and trying to talk to them about a networking/routing issue like this is frustrating at best. They'll have me reset and default everything in my house and then try to send out a tech instead of doing what I ask. It's like they've been trained that there is "never something wrong with our network".. My experience with phone support over the past couple years has been pretty awful. 

0 Likes