Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router. MAC address filtering may be enabled o
probbins9141

So I checked and made sure MAC filtering was turned off...still no success connecting.  Same error. Shutdown router cold, pulled plug. Rebooted, still cannot connect. When I turned off WEP I was able to connect printer but I don't want to leave my network wide open without a password. Something change within Verizon or some update was recently applied that causing this problem. I spent 4 hours troubleshooting with suggestions from other internet users. HELP Verizon!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router. MAC address filtering may be enabl
jonjones1
Legend

Turn off WEP it is not secure. Also you should not have conflicting security protocols on your router.

without all these replies making it more difficult you need only do the following to get your HP printer to function.

1) go to the HP printers drivers and set up page. 
2) run the setup program for the printer and select the wireless LAN option. It should find the printer. If it does not then it will instruct you to setup with a printer cable.

3) the printer will find the correct settings and it should be verified as connected prior to you taking the cable off.

Now you need only test the wireless connection with your phone via looking to see if the HP is listed. The same holds true with your wireless laptop or desktop after selecting the printer from the printers list.

Oh I forgot to mention during wireless setup you will need the SSID password to connect. Enter it exactly or it won’t connect.

View solution in original post

Re: Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router. MAC address filtering may be enabl
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which router are you using? G1100? G3100? An old ActionTec?

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your printer's device name contain space bars? I will check against with criterium first.

What are your router's wireless security settings? I mean all of them, do not include passwords or identifiable information though.

probbins9141

Actiontec - WCB6200Q - Installed July 2019

0 Likes
probbins9141

Risk level - WPA2 enabled

MAC authentication - disabled

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WEP) - ON

IPv4 Settings - Minimum Security - Low

I also tried adding the MAC address of the printer to the MAC Enable Access List.

I tried turning off 5GHz and just use 2.4GHz

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Turn off WEP it is not secure. Also you should not have conflicting security protocols on your router.

without all these replies making it more difficult you need only do the following to get your HP printer to function.

1) go to the HP printers drivers and set up page. 
2) run the setup program for the printer and select the wireless LAN option. It should find the printer. If it does not then it will instruct you to setup with a printer cable.

3) the printer will find the correct settings and it should be verified as connected prior to you taking the cable off.

Now you need only test the wireless connection with your phone via looking to see if the HP is listed. The same holds true with your wireless laptop or desktop after selecting the printer from the printers list.

Oh I forgot to mention during wireless setup you will need the SSID password to connect. Enter it exactly or it won’t connect.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@probbins914 wrote:

Actiontec - WCB6200Q - Installed July 2019

This is a layer 2 extender, not a router. What’s your router? G1100 or G3100? A router will probably be next to your ONT. Do you have conflicting settings between your extender and router?