answers.microsoft.com unreachable via Verizon FIOS
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

Starting today, I cannot get to answers.microsoft.com via Verizon FIOS on any of my devices, Android, Windows 7, Windows 8 or windows 10.  

If I put up a hotspot with ATT, I can connect to that and get to Answers.microsoft.com

If I shut off my ATT Hotspot, and connect via Verizon FIOS, I cannot get to answers.microsoft.com

Any ideas?

I've rebooted the router.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: answers.microsoft.com unreachable via Verizon FIOS
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Working fine for me.  Been on it a lot in the last few days looking at windows 10 questions.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SteelerNation wrote:

Starting today, I cannot get to answers.microsoft.com via Verizon FIOS on any of my devices, Android, Windows 7, Windows 8 or windows 10.  

If I put up a hotspot with ATT, I can connect to that and get to Answers.microsoft.com

If I shut off my ATT Hotspot, and connect via Verizon FIOS, I cannot get to answers.microsoft.com

Any ideas?

I've rebooted the router.

Thanks

No problem for me. Where are you located, Pittsburg area maybe?

My guess is that your IP address changed since the last time you successfully accessed that site, and your current address is part of a range of addresses now blocked by a "Bogon filter" somewhere on a network between you and Microsoft (You can Google that if you want to learn more about bogon filters). But usually the simple solution is to force a new IP address for your router. You can accomplish this by turning the router off for a few hours, almost certainly you will get a new IP address when it re-connects to the internet. When I have experienced this, I have just turned the router off overnight, fixed the problem.

Other than a bogon filter that has not yet been updated to allow your (new?) IP address through, I have no idea.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

FWIW, when I read the original post here yesterday I tried answers.microsoft.com and, like the OP, found I couldn't connect. Also like the OP, I found I could connect using AT&T wireless as my data connection.

This morning, however, connection via FiOS is back to normal. So whatever the problem was yesterday, it seems it is now corrected.

0 Likes