battery backup
smitty201

Tv and phone went down.Prior to all this ,kept hearing beep.Checked battery backup held down buttons and tv and phone came back on.Went down again todat and I went thru same procedure.It s up and running but why bdoes it keep going down.

0 Likes
Re: battery backup
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the power supply is starting to go. I would schedule a appt for a tech to come out and replace. At some point it will not recover from a reboot. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@smitty20 wrote:

Tv and phone went down.Prior to all this ,kept hearing beep.Checked battery backup held down buttons and tv and phone came back on.Went down again todat and I went thru same procedure.It s up and running but why bdoes it keep going down.

You can replace it yourself. No sense getting a truck roll and possible charge for tech visit.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/battery-backup/backup-unit

The new battery reserves are even easier. Just put D cell batteries in the case. 

Remember there are battery backup units and battery reserve units.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I sorry. I should have be more clear. I didn't mean to replace the battery. I meant the actual power supply itself most likely needs replacing. And definitely don't waste money on the 12v battert, because Verizon no longer installs those bbu/power supply combo. All repairs and installs are the power adapters with the d cell tray. 

0 Likes