Switch Account

battery

Highlighted
Copper Contributor liz21
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(522 Views)

getting a signal my battery needs to be replaced in the router box? (don't know what it's called) that's connected to the tv. do i have to pay for it? thanks, no wise cracks please.......

3 REPLIES 3
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(511 Views)

Yes, it has to be replaced at your expense.  They are available online at Amazon and I believe Walmart at a lower price then Verizon.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(496 Views)

@liz21 wrote:

getting a signal my battery needs to be replaced in the router box? (don't know what it's called) that's connected to the tv. do i have to pay for it? thanks, no wise cracks please.......

It’s either a battery back up unit or a power reserve unit. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup/backup-unit#disconnect

Or

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup/power-reserve

And I don’t know what the “no wise cracks mean” 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(489 Views)

Battery is only need for phone service backup.

So no reason to replace if you don't have phone service or don't care if it doesn't work during a power outage.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.