Switch Account

can time capsule replace the Verizon MI424WR router as router?

can time capsule replace the Verizon MI424WR router as router?

Highlighted
Contributor cjvista217
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(17,657 Views)
Im looking at getting a time capsule from apple and i was wondering if it can replace the MI424WR router. when i first got fios, they said i had to get rid of my old router so im a bit weary about switching.
3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(17,610 Views)
Yes, I believe you can

See as need be: http://www.verizonfioswiki.com/index.php/Using_Your_Own_Router

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(17,600 Views)
I believe you can use any one you want, as long as it has the correct connections on it that you need, unless you have fios TV. Then you would need to use the fios provided one. But that link above is a good place to start.
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(17,505 Views)
If you have FIOS TV you can plug their router into yours. You must set the Actiontech router's WAN to use a DHCP address and not PPPOE, it may do this automaticly. Also the ONT must use ethernet. If it does not, you will need to get VZ to change the setup on the ONT from MOCA to Ethernet, and then run an ethernet cable to you router from the ONT.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.