canceling fios without ETF for extenuating circumstances
shellbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was recently robbed and threatened at my current address and am therefore moving due to safety reasons. The place I'm moving already has Fios, but the Verizon rep I spoke to today said that I will still have to pay the $250 termination fee. Is there really nothing that can be done for this situation? He kept asking me if there was a possibility I would move back in the apartment, and the answer was obviously, no. This is something that happened completely out of my control. On top of replacing my things, I need to pay $250 for moving for my own safety too?

0 Likes
Re: canceling fios without ETF for extenuating circumstances
jonjones1
Legend

Try using this form via following instructions. A simple copy of the police report submitted with the form here

https://www.verizon.com/myvzwidgets/widgets/etfm/views/etfmview.html

Hopefully they will understand.

shellbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try that and try calling again. I filed a police incident but did not receive a copy of my report. In my city it's $25 and takes 15 days for them to process the request for a copy (that Verizon may or may not take into consideration). As someone who has worked in customer service, the rep's response yesterday was both an awful surprise and experience in general.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Wow that’s expensive for a report copy.

in my locale it is .25¢ for the page and within 1 hour.

in anycase that should help you.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The link says all you have to do is provide proof that you have moved out of their service area.

If you have any type of bill that shows that, you won't need the police report.

If you did move within their service area, why not reconnect?

0 Likes
shellbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the issue. A friend has kindly taken me in after the robbery/assault and already has Fios. I attached a letter on 2/14 using the link supplied and the waiver was accepted but this is before I officially cancelled (I had typed in my installation order # instead of a cancellation order #), so I called. Now, the rep I talked to canceled the service, charged the ETF, gave me a Verizon order # and said to resubmit to waiver link. Hopefully someone will read and my resubmission and accept it again.

Gave kudos for the suggestion. Will update if/when I hear back.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It should really matter if you submitted prior to cancellation or after. The rep will see it hopefully and there should be no early termination fee accessed.

keep the accepted etf waiver and contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. This agency should be able to assist you. They normally get Verizon executive escalations to call you same day. Make sure to give a call back number that is accessible.

shellbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try that and will update with results.

0 Likes
shellbot
Enthusiast - Level 2

The "solution" that I received from attaching my letter to http://www.verizon.com/etfwaiver was to send an email. I just now received an automatic reply saying I should submit documentation to http://www.verizon.com/etfwaiver.

This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shellbot,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes