cant log into router
Lizzie86

i dont care at this point what reading other posts about this says, they're all the same. i've been listening to verizon wait music for over 6 hours now as a customer but when i tried to just get a person and went through sales i didnt wait at all. this tells me verizon does not care about the customer they already have and are more interested in obtaining new customers.

i got an xbox. i need to toggle my upnp settings to get it to work properly. i've seen the instructions already as dictated by verizon on how to get into the router. i've also seen a few forums posts people giving the exact same answers that are in the guide verizon has offered.

"If you did not set a user name and password the default is user name admin and the password is password or password1"

i've typed in Admin password, Admin password1, admin password, as well as admin password1. none of these work. i've never set a username to this i have no idea why this has to be so complicated i can figure everything out i need. all i need to know is how to change the user name and password to something i actually know and not guess over and over again. i've even typed in my log on information i use to get on this site and my log on for getting into my laptop. this is totally frustrating and i'm really to the point that i am considering just going back to brighthouse. they may have crappier service but at least they help you work with their crap.

0 Likes
Re: can't log into router
prisaz
Legend

If the router password is not as suggested, reset the router to factory default. Use a paperclip and press the reset button on the back of the router. (15-30 seconds should do it). This will reset everything, and then the default admin and password will work. When the techs setup the routers it asks them to change the account, so they use password1. It could be that it was set to something other then password1, and resetting to default will solve this. If you reset the router you can choose what ever you like. I would recommend not using password or password1, because everyone knows them.

0 Likes