change router username/ password
redsevren

Hi, I'd like to change my username and password. Can't find anything on the verizon site to do this. I tried 192.168.1.1 and it gives my a verizon box to enter username and password... when I try to enter the password it inserts extra characters while I'm typing. Ive tried this with different devices and still run into the same problem in the password box... please help!!!

0 Likes
Re: change router username/ password
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@redsevren wrote:

Hi, I'd like to change my username and password. Can't find anything on the verizon site to do this. I tried 192.168.1.1 and it gives my a verizon box to enter username and password... when I try to enter the password it inserts extra characters while I'm typing. Ive tried this with different devices and still run into the same problem in the password box... please help!!!

The extra characters that appear are a "security feature" - ignore them and keep typing.

Re: change router username/ password
Hubrisnxs
Legend

To logon in to the router
•Open up your browser
•Enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
•Press ENTER. The router's logon screen should appear

If you see a screen asking you to establish your initial user name and password, your router has been reset to factory defaults. You will need to enter a user name and password that you want to use to access the router's GUI in the future. When you've entered the user name and password you want to use, you should be taken to the router's main status page.

Otherwise, enter your user name and password. Unless you have explicitly changed the user name and/or password, the username should be ADMIN and the password should be the router's serial number located on the service tag. The serial number should be entered in upper case. Once you've entered the user name and password, you should be taken to the router's main status page.

If you are still unable to logon in to the router, see the following FAQ:
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »I can't login to the VZ router

And yes the extra boxes are normal and a security feature.

Older verizon routers used the Serial number to log into the router.  So look at your service tag, and under the UPC bar code it has a CSJX________ number (case sensitive) then that is your password.

Newer router with two antenna's has the word password printed on the service tag, make sure to include all special characters and case sensitive as well. 

0 Likes