charged with installation fee
ramprasad
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I signed up I was promised for free installation. I opted for self installation as I wanted to install it quickly. Somehow I couldn't do it as it was very complex.

As per plan, I am offered free installation, so thought of seeking help for installation. And finally got slapped by bill of $180. And guess what, none of the customer representative told about the charges. Seriously I feel cheated and why wouldn't the customer care representative not inform me ane expect me to pay for this 

Re: charged with installation fee
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing to keep in mind is that the free installation assumes you have existing coax and all the tech has to do is connect it up.

So if the tech had to run any new coax, there would be a charge.
That being said, I do know that some people have been charged incorrectly.

Hopefully you get it sorted out with contact from an agent.

0 Likes
ramprasad
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the reply. I am expecting email or alternatively you can call me on {edited for privacy} as the deadline for bill payment is fast approaching.

regards,

ram

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It looks like they offered to waive the fees for the self-installation. When you couldn't complete the installation yourself and asked for a technician it seems that is when they charged you.

0 Likes
ramprasad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats is not the case. I am not sure if that will be the case ever. 

First, Verizon doesn't ask if this is self-installation or installation by their technicians to firm up the offer or pricing. Their offer/pricing is well before the installation. So how does it matter????

0 Likes
ramprasad
Enthusiast - Level 2

And guess what - after three months of Internet usage, I am charged with internet activation fee during Mar'15. Needless to say that this is also waived when I signed up for the double play!!!!

Every month I set aside 1-3 hrs to dispute my bills and not once, I get it fully resolved. Billing seems to be mystery and no transparency at all.......

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Were you ever contacted by the eCenter about this?  If not, have you checked your email spam folder to make sure a reply was not accidentally moved there?

0 Likes
Re: charged with bogus installation fee & phony pc charge
OverchargedCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very similar experience.

Shortly after moving into our new address and getting FiOS installed, we had major problems with our Internet service.  Was specifically told the $99 service visit charge would be waived since it was close to the installation date.

Their guy came and replaced what he called a “defective router” which he said was getting way too hot.

Not only was I charged $99, but they charged me $75 PC configurations fee, even though he never went near my computer

When I contacted customer service I was told by somebody with a thick accent, and no authority, that the charges were valid and there was nothing I could do about it. I asked him to speak to a supervisor and he said he would get back to me. He then said the supervisor said there was nothing to be done. I asked to speak to the supervisor myself and was told he would call me back. Not surprisingly, I have not received a call back. 

Thinking of contacting the New York State, Attorney General to discuss FIOs highly suspect  billing  practices

0 Likes
Re: charged with bogus installation fee & phony pc charge
kh_jenn

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes