Re: coax light on WCB3000n extender blinks
dilbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The white coax from the ONT goes to a splitter in the junction box.  One output goes back under the house to the extender, the other goes up to the attic where a coupler connects to the white coax.  That coax goes to the input side of a splitter.  one output goes to the G1100, the other to a STB.  Both splitters are Verizon logoed MoCA 2.0 installed by Verizon as was the white coax.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Next I would replace the feed going the attic splitter. Also replace the fees going to the router. It’s kind if trial and error without using meter to test the levels. 

dilbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

What kind of meter is required?  Difficult to use?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I mean an RF meter to check the signal levels. Would be to expensive for a one time use. I would just start replacing coax since we already know the extents works with the splitters. 
There needs to be good coax from the outside splitter to the attic splitter and from attic splitter to the router. 

dilbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have access to an RF meter.  I have a relative that used to install security systems over RG59.  What do I look for?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well MoCA LAN used 1100-1175 MHz and if the meter doesn't test that high then set it to the highest frequency. See if you have BER errors and signal levels shouldn't be lower than -6 db.

dilbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the specs.  Unfortunately, the RF meter I have access to measures electrical interference.  Back to pulling more coax.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would focus on the feed going to the router from the attic splitter and the feed from the outside splitter to the attic splitter. 

dilbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED!!!!

Talked to Verizon support.  Finally got through to a person after many calls over months.  They diagnosed the problem as a bad coax.  Said I could pay $99 to run new coax or sign up for in-house wiring maintenance, $30 per month and cancellable.  No brainer there.  Tech arrived today. Immediately said bad extender after looking at lights and not seeing on the network with his test equipment.  Swapped out WCB3000N for WCB6200Q.  Problem fixed.  Since it was a Verizon purchased 3000N, no charge.  Even after 5 years!  I was about to spend another $40 on cable and connectors with the hope it fixed the problem.

Thank you for all the input.  Learned alot.