contract end in May 2014
louie13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will not be renewing my contract as we plan on moving to another state where Verizon is not an aption,  Want to cancel with no problems.  Should I just return the equipment to the Verizon store.  How about the installed battery pack?  Does a installation person have to come to remove it.  We will be leaving in mid may and I want no problems.Thank You

0 Likes
Re: contract end in May 2014
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

as far as I remember, you only have to return the STB and the router.  The ONT and BBU stays.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cyberdome wrote:

as far as I remember, you only have to return the STB and the router.  The ONT and BBU stays.

You're correct.

For the ONT and Battery Backup Unit, they can be safely unplugged from mains power (unplug the battery, too!) if service is not going to be running off of there. Just be sure to re-connect both the Battery and Mains power before leaving a home or requesting service again.

0 Likes