default pre shared key

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

default pre shared key

Message 1 of 2
(807 Views)

In the security settings for my MI424WR router it recommends using the default pre shared key which is 1234567890ABCDEF. Is that a security risk? If everybody uses the same default key, they can all get into each other's network. The instructions didn't say anything else, so I must be missing something.

Thanks Preston

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: default pre shared key

Message 2 of 2
(783 Views)

That key I believe is different from router to router. I believe it is also on the label that is attached to the router, so, you do not need to worry about someone else knowing it, unless you allow someone to see the label on your router.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: default pre shared key

Message 2 of 2
(784 Views)

That key I believe is different from router to router. I believe it is also on the label that is attached to the router, so, you do not need to worry about someone else knowing it, unless you allow someone to see the label on your router.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.