do I return broken router after receiving replacement?
John-Taylor

Recently my router stopped working, and after I called was shipped a replacement router.  I was puzzled to not find a return shipping label in the box, nor any instructions about returning the original router.  My question is, does Verizon want this broken router returned?

0 Likes
Re: do I return broken router after receiving replacement?
prisaz
Legend

It depends on the revision, and how long you have had the router. I was told to return my old one when tech support sent the new one. But then when the new router came, there was a note in the box that said regardless of what I was told, there was no need to return the defective router. I believe Rev C and I had had if more than 2 years. I held onto the router just incase it showed on my bill.

I would contact Verizon on this one.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
John-Taylor

Thank you for the reply.  Now that I look at the paperwork more closely, it does indicate that I do not have to return the old equipment, and that I am encouraged to recycle it.  I guess in my excitement to restore service, I missed this note!

0 Likes
GoodParts

I was in a similar situation when I checked these forums.  And decided to do a live chat looking for a simple yes or no answer.  After 30 minutes with two agents, I'm being sent a box and return label.  But I never got an answer to my question.  A colleague suggested I return the router to a Verizon store.

0 Likes