Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

do I return broken router after receiving replacement?

John-Taylor
Contributor
Contributor

do I return broken router after receiving replacement?

Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Recently my router stopped working, and after I called was shipped a replacement router.  I was puzzled to not find a return shipping label in the box, nor any instructions about returning the original router.  My question is, does Verizon want this broken router returned?

3 REPLIES 3
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: do I return broken router after receiving replacement?

Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)

It depends on the revision, and how long you have had the router. I was told to return my old one when tech support sent the new one. But then when the new router came, there was a note in the box that said regardless of what I was told, there was no need to return the defective router. I believe Rev C and I had had if more than 2 years. I held onto the router just incase it showed on my bill.

I would contact Verizon on this one.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

John-Taylor
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(2,615 Views)

Thank you for the reply.  Now that I look at the paperwork more closely, it does indicate that I do not have to return the old equipment, and that I am encouraged to recycle it.  I guess in my excitement to restore service, I missed this note!

GoodParts
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(2,357 Views)

I was in a similar situation when I checked these forums.  And decided to do a live chat looking for a simple yes or no answer.  After 30 minutes with two agents, I'm being sent a box and return label.  But I never got an answer to my question.  A colleague suggested I return the router to a Verizon store.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title