enternet connection

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

enternet connection

Message 1 of 2
(303 Views)

can get connection on my laptop computer( windows 7 os), but 3-seconds of connection (momentary) to my desktop computer (windows xp pro) ; fios is connected to the desktop computer. have had fios since it was available in the city of redlands. can not get on the internet on the desktop from : msn, verizon (e-mail address is: {edited for privacy}), nor internet explorer!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: enternet connection

Message 2 of 2
(259 Views)

@terry834 wrote:

can get connection on my laptop computer( windows 7 os), but 3-seconds of connection (momentary) to my desktop computer (windows xp pro) ; fios is connected to the desktop computer. have had fios since it was available in the city of redlands. can not get on the internet on the desktop from : msn, verizon (e-mail address is:{edited for privacy}), nor internet explorer!

Check the desktop connection. Make sure it is plugged into a lan output rather than wan.  On my router the wan jack is right above the lan jacks so it's an easy mistake.   If it is, try a different lan jack.   If that doesn't help try replacing the cable to the desktop.  If there is still no connection check your desktop settings.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.