equipment return scam
mwang
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently cancelled my verizon fios because I need to moved to a new place. I returned the two equipment (HD TV Set box and router) the day after I stopped the service on 07/24 and kept the ups receipt. the UPS traker showed verzion received the shipped box on Monday 07/27 and verizon sent me an email today saying they are missing the router. I found that this is a common problem that customers experience with equipment return with pre-paid lables. I mean like are you kiddig me verizon. I feel like verizon just intentionally creates this return equipment yourself service so that they can scam customers and charge them more money as if their regular service fees and all those extra penalty and blah blah services fee are not ridiculously high enough.

Tried calling agents several times today but can not get it resolved. this is abosolutely ridiculous.

Re: equipment return scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mwang,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes