false international billing
kiya3

I switched to Fios for my phone and internet last week. Prior to the appointment to install I called verizon billing and confirmed that international long distance service will not be part of this bundle or else they would not need to change it. The operator (I have her Id) assured me that she will make notations on the account and reassured me that it will not be an issue. I have been using another international provider for the past 6 years due to low per minute rates. So last night I got an email of excessive use on my phone and when I called in I was told that it was due to long distance international charges!!!

Why does this company do this? Is it really worth the bad reputation you build with long time customers that trust your representitives word and later find out that no such agreement is available on such bundles? I was happy with my copper service for the past 20 some years with Verizon and had no intention of switching to FIOS other than the representitive insisting that it was at the same price I was paying for copper and nothing else would be changed.

Now they tell me there is a $500.00 plus bill for long distance coming my way christmas eve.

Why does your company do this? When I call to resolve the issue with your billing service, instead of hearing my concern they try to sell me another long distance service and tell me how "sorry" they are for me being misleaded by the previous sales woman.

Is $54.99 a month really worth this hassle you cause me to play phone tag now and go through the channels I must go through to have someone listen to me?  Lets be logical for a minute..Would I really agree to pay the outrageous per minute cost of using Verizon long distance if I knew it? Especially after 6 years of using the same company for my long distance who charge 7 cents a minute? And get this...the initial saleswoman that assured me of not having the international long distance with Verizon also tried to sell me a $10.00 additional plan with 300 minutes. I denied it thinking I had my old long distance company. Now when I called back last night to voice my concern, this one tells me "Oh!, we don't even have that plan for the country you call"!!

Does it ever end? I have to sit here write this email and spend hours talking to many faceless voices to try to "fix" this issue. TIme I could be spending with my 5 year old daughter or my pregnant wife, or searching for a job and sending our resumes to find a job. But now I have to tuen all that out, worry about this looming bill and "fix" a wrong which I don't feel I should be held responsible for and could have been avoided by a simple "no, we don't have that service".

All I can say is Lets do the right thing and stop trying to screw each Other. There is spirit in the air, lets not ruin it over the mighty Dollar. These are tough times, lets not make it any worse than it is. I am past angry and mad, I am numb!

0 Likes