fios 75/75 with many DISCONNECTS.
Castle117
Enthusiast - Level 2

i upgraded to a quantum gateway router, got a new ONT, and added 75/75 service. within a few days i started to see a cycle of dissconnects. my computer is wired and seems to be seeing it the most. it's rare on the moble devices or gaming boxes or TVs (on internet). i upgraded all pc's to windows 10 before the service upgrade so cant know if it is the issue. we also have a mac, but dont use it enough to see a problem. 

i mostly see the issue at night (after 9PM ET). i have seen it in the morning around 7-9AM also. once it happens i need to either reboot the router from the admin account or reboot my PC. 

i dont really think it's the new router, i read this is happing to ANY customer that has upgraded to 50/50 or better in the last few months.  

at the time i upgraded the tech put in a new ONT (not the desktop latest version though, still mounted on the house). he then had to call his tech support.. she spent 10 minutes looking at all my settings and found one that "didnt look right for the service i had" she changed the setting and the modem finnal connected. i wish i had written down the one setting she changed. maybe it got switched back....

verizon's departments are in full finger pointing mode, i get bounce from one to the other for hours with no results. just being handled. im willing to spend the time with a TECH and support person that knows what they are doing to solve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: fios 75/75 with many DISCONNECTS.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Castle117,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes