fios extender issues
pfpvw

my Actiontec FiOS extender has been rebooting. It has been perfect for 3 years. Over the last two weeks I was sent two replacement extenders and had a tech over.

I replaced all the splitters and recrimped cables. The tech verified all was proper with the wiring and splitters. it reboots and comes back up and stays working maybe for 4 hours maybe 20 mins at a time. I moved it around the house onto different runs some that were split to STBs and some straight up. It’s not a power issue, the adapters were replaced with the ones that came with the units, one test was that I placed it on a small APC. TVs work fine and the router stays online, it’s only the extender that restarts. If you can’t tell I am wired for MoCA.

I think its a firm,eware issue - i saw one of the units update from

1.1.04.35 to 1.1.04.43

Version I been on your support 4 times - although very friendly I am still broke - please help

0 Likes
Re: fios extender issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pfpvw,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Check your Actiontec extenders
pfpvw

At the end of March 2019 Verizon pushed out a firmware ending in .43 - my extender has been rebooting on its own ever since. 

I had two replacements sent and a tech out to switch splitters - I have even wired it to Ethernet.  

They really won’t help as they say they haven’t gotten enough requests - I have security cameras on mine and noticed it in my timeline.  Check your admin page on your extender and check the up time - in coax (Moca) it reboots anywhere form 20 minutes to two hours - on Ethernet closer to 10 hours. Let me know and open a ticket 

0 Likes
Re: Check your Actiontec extenders
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see the escalation of your issue?

Have you checked their for support?

If not, they will be expecting you to post there rather than this forum.

0 Likes