fios for new construction
oyjs2313

we are moving to our new house at the end of this month in Clifton Park NY, its a new construction, new community and new street.  They are about 80lots under construciton and we are the first owner to move in.  The builder told us verizon is available, but i find out our address is not in Verizon database. I called the Verizon 800 number but they keep holding me for 40 mins then cut me off.  i dont want stay with TWC, what should i do ?

0 Likes
Re: fios for new construction
jonjones1
Legend

@oyjs2313 wrote:

we are moving to our new house at the end of this month in Clifton Park NY, its a new construction, new community and new street.  They are about 80lots under construciton and we are the first owner to move in.  The builder told us verizon is available, but our address is not in Verizon database. I called the Verizon 800 number but they keep holding me for 40 mins then cut me off.  i dont want stay with TWC, what should i do ?

Verizon maybe available but it may be quite sometime to get to you. Living in Loudonville Fios was never available even though down the street from us had it. Then 3 years ago, Fios came down from the Main Street of Albany-Shaker Road and the Fios team walkers came to offer Fios. Many although looking at it did not jump on it. In fact my wife and I waited 2 years, after our neighbors used it, and their terms were over the pricing was so high that they dropped Fios for cable.

this neighborhood has mostly retirees and pensioners who own their own homes and are financially strong but the higher costs still made them jump back to cable.

i however just took internet only and yes it’s 4 times more expensive than what we paid cable but it’s 100’s times faster than what we used before.

i would have your home builder install for both services just Incase it does get to your neighborhood. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: fios for new construction
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have heard ordering just phone service can help get your house in database.

Try checking with twc to see if they can offer service.

A lot of providers validate addresses against 911 database.

If twc can't offer service either, it may be because addresses aren't loaded yet.

Do you see any Verizon boxes or vault covers in your neighborhood?

0 Likes