fios hotspots
philly369
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just signed up fpr fios,can i find hot spots for my ipad like i could with xfinity?

0 Likes
Re: fios hotspots
Dichagi

I haven't used Xfinity but if you mean can you run all your WiFi devices off the Routers broadcast in your house then yes.  Our house runs our computers, phones, gaming consoles, ipads, the printer etc all wirelessly from the router upstairs.

0 Likes
dadane
I would to have wifi as well. I was at the doctor's office last weekend all came up except Verizon. If you say you are the best then provide hotspot wifi for your customers like your competitors do.
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dadane wrote:
I would to have wifi as well. I was at the doctor's office last weekend all came up except Verizon. If you say you are the best then provide hotspot wifi for your customers like your competitors do.

Don't think that would be anything to do with Verizon.  That would be up to the Dr. to source and pay for a public access hotspot.

I've used public hotspots all over the world and they have never been paid for by any provider.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Viafax999

I can only speak for the Metro NY (Long island) area.  In most towns if you look at available SSIDs you can connect to Wifi from Cablevision and TWC which I believe in Xfinity, not sure.  The local cable company's got together and Wifi to cable subscribers.

FIOS does not offer wifi like cable does.  I know they offer it in some places but honestly it does not compare to what Cable offers. 

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Viafax999

I can only speak for the Metro NY (Long island) area.  In most towns if you look at available SSIDs you can connect to Wifi from Cablevision and TWC which I believe in Xfinity, not sure.  The local cable company's got together and Wifi to cable subscribers.

FIOS does not offer wifi like cable does.  I know they offer it in some places but honestly it does not compare to what Cable offers. 

Yes, downtown Boston has public wifi too, I think from Comcast/Xfinity, however the city is footing the bill as far as I know.

Go into any pub in London and they offer free wifi, typically from O2, the brewery who hold the pub's license is footing the bill

0 Likes
philly369
Enthusiast - Level 1
Actually no,I was asking about,traveling,for instance,anywhere in Philadelphia,whenever I'm out,I can always find an xfinity hotspot,whether it's driving,parked somewhere,etc..but fios,doesn't have any ,except at certain hotels
0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If you go to www.verizon.com/wifi you can logon and find locations of wifi hot spots.

0 Likes