fios question
rjk4595
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there anypalce that lists where they are running fios?

it appears they may be doing it on my road and i would like to check

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios question
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rjk4595 wrote:

i was really hoping for someone from verizon to answer, and yes i know these are community forums

Verizon doesn't answer any questions here.  Some specific issues are escalated to support and the moderators edit posts to keep things polite, but you'll never see anything else.  You can keep hoping for a Verizon answer here, but you will never get one.

If you want an answer from Verizon, you need to look elsewhere.  If you haven't called them yet, you might want to try that.  Maybe there is something in their database they can share with you.  Probably not.

Your best suggestions remains to be what TomH309 said - try talking to the techs on the street.  They may know the schedule.  You still need to take what they say with a grain of salt, because another department might change the plans later.

In short, my original answer still stands; you won't know when it's available until they start selling it.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Talk to the Supervisor on site.

It's amazing what you can learn from a friendly chat.

0 Likes
rjk4595
Enthusiast - Level 1

i would if i could

our schedules conflict

i asked the wife to, but she forgot when they were in front of the house

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope.  Verizon doesn't provide any advance information about FiOS.  One day it's not available the next it is.

Further, Verizon isn't installing FiOS beyond previously committed areas.  It sounds like you're in a committed area as they are working, but others should know if they don't have FiOS and Verizon didn't announce plans for the area, they won't be getting it.

FiOS infrastructure installation can take many steps.  For example, in my area a contractor installed fiber ducts and sometime later another contractor installed the fiber in the ducts.  That may have been the same contractor who installed distribution boxes and ran areal fiber to them from the CO.  Once all the field work is done new equipment might have to be installed in the CO.  Then it has to be provisioned and the databases update.

In other words, it can be a long time between the first obvious work on your street to when the fiber is lit up and ready for customers.

And then there is the process of doing the actual customer install... that can take a few weeks from order to completion.  At least then Verizon will give you a date so you'll know when it's going to happen.

Good Luck.

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Usually when it becomes available the marketing sales people are swarming around like flies.

0 Likes
rjk4595
Enthusiast - Level 1

hhhhmm, i didnt accept a solution

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

There is no solution marked.

0 Likes
rjk4595
Enthusiast - Level 1

there was, honest i saw it

0 Likes
rjk4595
Enthusiast - Level 1

i even have an email that states

A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

FWIW, this morning I did notice that gs0b's post was marked as the solution in this thread and then that check-mark disappeared an hour or so later.  It wasn't  the OP's imagination.  Smiley Wink

0 Likes