fios router password--forgot it
erind2

I've been using my Apple wireless hub and now it's dying. FIOS guy said I don't need it anyway, but I cannot remember the password for my FIOS router. How can I find it out? I'm pretty sure it never got changed from the default.

0 Likes
Re: fios router password--forgot it
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You can use the wep key listed on the sticker or try password1.  Remember when you log into the router and you type the password you will see extra characters as you press each key.  This is normal.

Jim

VZ_Dwayzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like the previous person said yes, the wepkey is written on the router, and is listed as a wepkey for the wireless password. The password to logon to the router is also written on the same sticket, it is not password1 anymore, it should be the serial number which starts with a C, if you do not want to use this password however you can hard reset the router by holding in the red reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds and then when you try to logon to the router again it will ask you to set a new one.

atticvickie

I FOTGOT ME PASSWORD FOR MY ROUTER HOW DO I RESET IT.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
You can also retrieve your wireless info at verizon.com/repair If you forgot your password to the administrative page of your router, then you haventomfactory reset it. Mreset button is near the antenna. Press and hold it in for 20 seconds. You might need a pin or paperclip.
0 Likes