fios speed
steve581

Is anyone else having problems with fios speed. Fios is my homepage and it takes about 2 minutes to load. Then fios email takes another minute to load and when I go to delete a message, sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. Its very aggravating. If I goto another site the speed is normal (fast) with no problems. If I happen to return to the fios homepage I start the whole slow process over again. I have called and reported the problem, but Verizon can't see any issues. I also experience what I would call data storms at 0900 and 1530 most everyday when the problem seems to worsen (I expect that's a capacity issue)). Again Verizon doesn't see any issues. Any Ideas?????

0 Likes
Re: fios speed
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear that you are having these problems. What we would have to do would be to see if this is a problem with the website or your internet connection. Please run a speed test and post your results.

0 Likes
steve581

Andrew:

Thanks for the response. I tried to do a speedtestby opening a new window and going to the verizon homepage. I went to support and clicked on fios internet, went to slow connection and looked for a speedtest but couldn't find one. I tried to optimize my connection and it cameback and said it was optimized. I then searched fios for a speedtest, but I timed out, so I tried three more times with the same result. I gave up and took a break for an hour, tried again with the same results. I've been on know for 24 minutes and haven't accomplished a fricking thing. I have called the service desk, but it's intermittent and I can;t seem to get my point across. I have a new router, Verizon has check my connections, I'm at a loss. Anything you can do would be appreciated!

0 Likes
steve581

Andrew:

I found the Verizon speedtest from an internet serch and plugged in Virginia as my region and started the test.  My results are below:

Your download speed is
9.516 Mbps.
Your upload speed is
1.911 Mbps.
Let us check your current Verizon Internet speed package.
Your connection speed test has finished.  You can review test details here.

I ran the test a secondtime and the results are below:
0.0 Mbps.
Your upload speed is
0.0 Mbps.
Let us check your current Verizon Internet speed package.

This is what I have been refering to as a datastorm. I can be running fine and all of a sudden I loose speed and connecivity.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connected Wired or Wirelessly? What router do you have from Verizon just so we're aware? The speed test you posted up is proper for 10Mbps/2Mbps FiOS service. The second time may have been due to a bug in the test (probably from Java freaking out) or from one of those outages you are speaking of.

0 Likes
steve581

Verizon has just sent me a now router which I was told is the second generation. The desktop I'm referring to is directly connected to the router and I have 2 wireless connections hat run periodically during the evenings.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Your connection speed test has finished.  You can review test details here.

Re do that speed test, and then make sure to click that link, and cut and paste those results here too.

0 Likes