Re: having Youtube probs with Fios? I have an official VZ answer...
dapony
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have offically made arrangments to leave FIOS over this. It's ashame too because I feel like it is a otherwise soild product. I am sick of drinking the kool-aid about there internet with my 75/35 connection that cant load a youtube video. And I am sick of the flat out lack of care from everyone at verizons call centers. My neighbor was kind enough to let me have there wireless router password for the last week just to see what would happen with comcast when verizon is being very slow!! Well Even with a fair wireless connection I have no problems watching youtube in HD while big bad FIOS cant stop buffering a video at 360 res. No more kool-aid for me!! Just to let everyone know comcast is also giving me money to help towards leaving my contract and putting me on the newer Xfinity X1 platform witch looks promising.

0 Likes
vezrioncustm

dapony wrote:
I have officially made arrangements to leave FIOS over this

I had Fios installed 7 days ago, guessing with most current router.  Totally dissatisfied due to the Youtube issue and want to terminate account.  My old EarthLink DSL was fine but family wanted cable TV.  Comcast has other issues , as do them all.  Who is your preferred service provider?  Am in Baltimore MD.

0 Likes
dapony
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to Comcast on X1 platform which I don't believe is launched everywhere yet. I think there TV DVR needs work for the fact that it has some bugs in the software for sure. The picture is fine and at times I truly feel more vivid but to be fair there is some channels that did look a little better on FIOS and some that are better looking on comcast (which I don't get) . And I was worried about it looking like crap compared to FIOS and it even has some HD channels I didn't have before and some I did have before I lost trade off there.. The phone is the phone it works the same to me. And the internet totally flies on youtube and netflix which is all I care about no problems with buffering at all 1080p videos 720p videos it doesn't matter. Peak hours doesn't matter and I can honestly say that.  Which to me is real world use not just some numbers that pop up on speedtest.net. I have BLAST 50 with them which has gets 55dn/11up no matter when I check on speedtest.net. Verizon needs to fix that alter.net hop that they use on the way out to youtube servers and they will be fine. I will say comcast has come a long way since the last time I had them. They all have there highs and lows and there is no prefect company believe me. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
dapony
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in South Jersey by the way.

0 Likes
bump909

Here is Verizon's response to my message to them on FB..

Verizon FiOS

We are looking into these issues but there is really nothing that you as a customer can do. This is really an issue with the servers that you are trying to view or the ammount of bandwidth that they have allowed for the Verizon network. Here is a thread where some of customers are talking about this and from my experience offers the best esplination. ^Matt

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/Why-Is-Everyone-Having-YouTube-Streaming-Issues-123282

0 Likes
ArunG

I have just got FiOS installed about a week ago. After reading this post, I tested youtube and the videos do not work. What is the cancellation period without paying early termination fee? I think the person who took my order on phone said 30 days. Is this correct?

I have also noticed that my Android phone also downloads updates far too slowly since the day I switched to FiOS. 

0 Likes
zotzer

I have had fios for years.  Over the past week, YouTube has become UNWATCHABLE after 5:15 at night.  I change to the lowest possible quality setting and it takes 20 minutes to get through a 5 minute video.  No buffering, and freezing every few seconds.  Please explain when this will be resolved, or I will be changing my internet service.

0 Likes
mrsmrs1
Enthusiast - Level 1

the solution posted by Hubrisnxs worked beautifully!  Thank you!

0 Likes
namgod

Tried the IP range rejection as posted, but it had no effect on my youtube problem.  Otherwise the Fios internet is blazing fast.  Netflix and Onlive which are probably the most bandwidth intensive things I use work fine.

0 Likes
namgod

With the range of Ip addresses blocked, my Youtube connection appears to be YouTube GB, instead of plain youtube.

0 Likes