Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

home network protection not activated

SOLVED
pito174
Contributor
Contributor

home network protection not activated

Message 1 of 5
(2,755 Views)

im new to verizon the the moment the tech left my house after installation i go to my app and log in and see HOME NET WORK NOT ATIVATED ON MY ACCOUNT IMG_0259.PNG

now i tried pressing the HNP button and it will not switch the the HNP page at all its stays on that page and the red logo u see at the bottom continues to pop up i called tech support and they had me on the phone for 2 hr and couldnt solve the issue they said they will call mme back but it feels like 2 years went by and no one called LOL

any solutions 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: home network protection not activated

Message 2 of 5
(2,694 Views)

I believe this is a function of the FiOS router. Try rebooting it. It's possible the router hasn't fully registered with Verizon's systems yet.

Some people choose to turn this feature off, because it can cause issues with some Internet usage. Your experience may vary, so safe defaults are typically to leave it off after an install so people don't call in saying FiOS is blocking something that the old ISP did not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(2,695 Views)

I believe this is a function of the FiOS router. Try rebooting it. It's possible the router hasn't fully registered with Verizon's systems yet.

Some people choose to turn this feature off, because it can cause issues with some Internet usage. Your experience may vary, so safe defaults are typically to leave it off after an install so people don't call in saying FiOS is blocking something that the old ISP did not.

View solution in original post

UpsetCustomer20
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(587 Views)

Happened to me too. Still haven’t received a call back. Stayed on the phone for almost 2 hours and nothing! 

Cang_Household
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(583 Views)

Calling technical support through phone should be your last resort. FSCs typically have an average wait time of 1.5 hours.

Social media (Twitter and Facebook) Verizon Fios channels and online chats are 24/7/365. Social media channels should take precedence over online chats.

If you have to make a phone call, call near 8 o'clock sharp to be at the front of the line.

By the way, we can help you here too through posting. Community CLs check discussion boards very frequently all day long.

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 5 of 5
(563 Views)

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.