how do i create a static ip address on verizon g3100 router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(826 Views)

Hello,

I am a returning customer to Verizon FiOS. I was wondering how do you create a static ip address on Verizon g3100 router?

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(708 Views)

I am not sure, would this work or not, however, you can still have a look at it. 

https://itstillworks.com/set-up-static-ip-addresses-verizon-fios-routers-13474.html

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(641 Views)

I presume you are talking about static IP address for your devices. I use static IP for a bunch of my devices (esp cameras, some IOT devices); with the G3100, I could not find the way to do it; what I do is:

- in DHCP, keep a range of 50 IPs outside the DHCP allocation range; for example, I use DHCP to allocate from 100-254 and use range 2-100 for my devices

- assign static IP to the devices, from 2-100 in your subnet and they will connect with those IPs you chose

If you find a better way, plz share.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(518 Views)

Go to the “Advanced” tab. Then under Routing click “IP Address Distribution”. Click the red box that says “Connection List”. Go to the bottom of that page and you will see another red box that says “Add static connection +”

Additionally, you can find existing leases and convert them to static IP.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.