how do i create a static ip address on verizon g3100 router
mwhite49

Hello,

I am a returning customer to Verizon FiOS. I was wondering how do you create a static ip address on Verizon g3100 router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i create a static ip address on verizon g3100 router
Artoom23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to the “Advanced” tab. Then under Routing click “IP Address Distribution”. Click the red box that says “Connection List”. Go to the bottom of that page and you will see another red box that says “Add static connection +”

Additionally, you can find existing leases and convert them to static IP.

View solution in original post

makabhosda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure, would this work or not, however, you can still have a look at it. 

https://itstillworks.com/set-up-static-ip-addresses-verizon-fios-routers-13474.html

Fiosusr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I presume you are talking about static IP address for your devices. I use static IP for a bunch of my devices (esp cameras, some IOT devices); with the G3100, I could not find the way to do it; what I do is:

- in DHCP, keep a range of 50 IPs outside the DHCP allocation range; for example, I use DHCP to allocate from 100-254 and use range 2-100 for my devices

- assign static IP to the devices, from 2-100 in your subnet and they will connect with those IPs you chose

If you find a better way, plz share.

Artoom23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to the “Advanced” tab. Then under Routing click “IP Address Distribution”. Click the red box that says “Connection List”. Go to the bottom of that page and you will see another red box that says “Add static connection +”

Additionally, you can find existing leases and convert them to static IP.

alecjacobryan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My software must be different on my G3100.  For me it was: Advanced > IPv4 Address Distribution (located in the Network Settings box) > Connection list >  *find the connected device in the list then click Edit next to that device > tic the box next to "Static Lease Type" > Apply.

When you are returned to the list of devices, you should "Never" in the "Expired In" column next to the device you just modified.

*If your device is not already assigned an IP, scroll down to the bottom of the list of connected devices and you will see the button, "Add static connection."

nosup4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

this router has a bug and you cant add more than 10 ip assignments.  kinda makes it useless for a lot of people.  verizon support takes forever even to admit it, offers no fix.  the original manufacturer hasnt been able to do anything about it either.  

bszen27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just curious, but where did you get the information about the original manufacturer? This cap of 10 static ip assignments has been quite frustrating to say the least. I have called FIOS twice to get assistance, but have gotten nowhere with it. This should be a REALLY easy fix too. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bszen27 wrote:

Just curious, but where did you get the information about the original manufacturer? This cap of 10 static ip assignments has been quite frustrating to say the least. I have called FIOS twice to get assistance, but have gotten nowhere with it. This should be a REALLY easy fix too. 

That fix won’t come until Verizon pushes out a firmware update. 

0 Likes
bszen27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely. It's just a little frustrating that the first mentions of this issue on the internet were made at the beginning of December. You would think that these big companies would have a slightly faster turnaround than that. 

0 Likes
mwhite49

Hello,

Thank you for the information and it worked but it didn't create a static address for all the devices on the router.  I was only able to do it for 9 devices but i need to do it to 15 more devices. is there away to expand the amount of static ip's on the router so all devices can be covered?? 

0 Likes