how do you port foward
trilexia

hi i have the actiontec n roter gen 3 and i want to know how to port foward my security cameras  i wrote down the port and ip from my old verizon router but it does not work

0 Likes
Re: how do you port foward
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pre-check list for allowing user from the net to connect you:

#1 Check what the Default Gateway on your computer is.

For example, if on Windows XP

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 Go to the Default Gateway and log-in to the router.

#3 With another web browser Window OR Tab, go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#4 Below the text that says The text below might uniquely identify you on the Internet is an IP Address.

#5 In the web browser window or tab, that is still looking in the router, one of the IP Address(es) there should be that same IP Address.

#6 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution

#7 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#8 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play

#9 If you do not have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off UPnP in the router.

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#10 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

0 Likes
Re: how do you port forward
mustang66c1

The answer did not address the question regarding his security cameras . Nor did it tell you how to port forward. Did I miss something? Don't mean to sound negative but this answer doesn't make sense 

0 Likes
Re: how do you port forward
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You should do step 1 first.  That will make your camera keep the same ip so that the the port forwarding does not break. 

Then you need to know what ports to forward, and you will use the portforwarding walk through to enable the ports.  

0 Likes